Standard HD44780 LCD (16x2)
1) 16 characters wide, 2 rows
2) White text on blue background
3) Connection port is 0.1" pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
4) Pins are documented on the back of the LCD to assist in wiring it up
5) Single LED backlight included can be dimmed easily with a resistor or PWM and uses much less power than LCD with EL (electroluminescent) backlights
6) Can be fully controlled with only 6 digital lines!
7) Built in character set supports most English/European/Japanese text, see the HD44780 datasheet for the full character set Up to 8 extra characters can be created for custom glyphs or 'foreign' language support
8) Comes with strip of header pins
9) Can adjust contrast with the addition of a potentiometer (not included).
- To use, connect pin 1 (GND) to ground.
- pin 2 (VDD) to +5V.
- pin 3 (Vo) to the middle of the pot.
- pin 4 (RS) to Arduino pin 7.
- pin 5 (RW) to ground.
- pin 6 (E) to Arduino pin 8. leave pins 7-10 disconnected.
- pin 11 thru 14 (DB4-DB7) to Arduino pins 9 thru 12.
- pin 15 (BL+) to +5V and pin 16 (BL-) to ground.
|Manufacturer||Made in China|