The Leap Motion controller is a small USB peripheral device which is designed to be placed on a physical desktop, facing upward. It can also be mounted onto a virtual reality headset. Using two monochromatic IR cameras and three infrared LEDs, the device observes a roughly hemispherical area, to a distance of about 1 meter. The LEDs generate pattern-less IR light and the cameras generate almost 200 frames per second of reflected data. This is then sent through a USB cable to the host computer, where it is analyzed by the Leap Motion software using "complex maths" in a way that has not been disclosed by the company, in some way synthesizing 3D position data by comparing the 2D frames generated by the two cameras.
- Tiny Device, Huge Possibilities: The Leap Motion Controller lets you use your computer in a whole new way. Reach out and swipe, grab, pinch, or punch your way through the digital world.
- Think Big: The Leap Motion Controller tracks your hands at up to 200 frames per second using infrared cameras – giving you a 150° field of view with roughly 8 cubic feet of interactive 3D space.
- Leap Motion Controller detects the hands and fingers and follows his every move.
- It is allowing them to move around the open between you and your computer space. So you can do almost anything without touching anything.
- It is the small device that might just change the way you use technology.
- Jump the Motion Controller can track your movements at an approximate rate of 200 frames per second.
- 1 X Leap 3D-Motion Controller Mouse LM-010 (2.4GHz)
- Additional Information
Weight (g) 50.0000 Manufacturer Made in China